11:00 PM

Sports Festival Time!

The official Sports Festival was a couple of days ago. It was quite nice! The students put their hearts into it and it went great. Even the speeches in the beginning weren’t so bad. The groups were set up by their classroom and color. The sports consisted of running, crossing the bridge, some kind of rope grab, climbing monkey, giant group jump rope, and performances.


The running is just the simple, class vs. class showdown. All of the races were interesting though. I was surprised at some fast ones. The rope grab was just a giant group of them making a huge circle around broken pieces rope and everyone had to dash and grab as many as possible. There were some mini-tug of war games within that game, but that’s to be expected.


The climbing monkey one was interesting. A giant group of the students all tightly grab a wooden pole, two of them are kneeling, with their backs facing the runners, while the remaining 6 runners wait for the signal. All of those 6 have to dash to the pole, use one or two students’ backs to jump on and get a good grip on the pole. Then they have to climb up and stick a little flag at the top, slide down then hit the hand of the next person like a mini relay race. It’s a bit dangerous because they fall sometimes but they all seemed to have fun.



Crossing the bridge is a fun looking, but another potentially dangerous game. One person, while getting their hand held, stands up on a students’ back, and walks down a line of back of students. There are only about 6 or 7 students so they have to continually run in place. Some of them fell, but they were okay.

The giant group jump rope is exactly how it sounds. Here are some pictures for it.
The performances were great. Most of them really had it on point, while others even though they were a little sloppy were great. Two groups did a small number to Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller.’ They weren’t bad lol. I was more impressed than anything because they actually tried to do the movements. Some of them half-assed it but I think that just came from having no confidence.

In the end, the all girl’s class one, the yellow team. Of course they were crying, that’s to be expected in these things. I….participated in a race. It was alright; I mean you can’t put a math and social studies teacher in a race and expect them to win, lol. But it’s okay. It was funny that even though all classes cheered for their own color, they all cheered together when I passed by. They’re cute lol. In any case, it was a good day, despite my going to work on a Saturday….at least I get Monday off.









1 comments:

A.Bee said...

hey, I think i'm officially back now, sorry for the late reply. I kinda knew I was gonna fail :(. For the rest of the year i'm gonna study A LOT, finish my dissertation and try to do the things I've always found interesting but been a bit scared to try out. I'm gonna make the most of the time I have. I wanted to move my trip to February but I wouldn't have been back in time for my exams :(. The sports festival looked fun though!!! ^_^
p.s the afro's growing slowly but steadily, lol

Post a Comment